Life Insurance: Tips for New Buyers
Life insurance should be a priority for anyone looking for financial security for their family if they happen to pass away. No one knows this better than Marcia Brixley, who shares some simple tips for anyone considering purchasing life insurance in her article "How to Choose the Right Life Insurance Policy" on the Forbes website.
Brixley breaks down her advice into the top ten tips for new buyers of life insurance. These tips are:
- Shop around for multiple quotes for term and whole life insurance
- Avoid insurers that do not fully disclose the terms of a policy upfront
- Do not feel intimidated by the amount of information and remember you are the client
- Make sure your monthly premiums fit comfortably into your budget
- Do not be afraid to ask as many questions as you happen to have
- Regularly check up on your policy to ensure there have been no changes
- As your family needs change, update your policy accordingly
- View your life insurance premium as a fixed cost for the rest of your life
- Don't focus on worst case scenarios
- Consider life insurance policies for the entire family, not just the breadwinner
Taking the time to shop around for the best policy for your particular needs is well worth the effort. Take advice only from financial experts if you are going to hire an advisor be sure to do your homework in that industry as well. There is a lot of information that goes into choosing the right policy so you have to ensure you are well-informed and are making sound and responsible decisions for you and your family. Good luck!